Re: most parts are available... - Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I *think* most of the 2.3 engine stuff is same as with the 9-5, so usual wear items are still easy to source. Body parts are another matter, for example a new Viggen front bumper shell is unobtainable, I assume the side skirts and other plastic body stuff is similarly hard to find. I have a 5dr '02, 120k mi, owned it since 2005, and have had very little trouble with it. Over the years I have replaced the DIC & MAF, upgraded suspension things w/ Genuine Saab parts (ball joints, bushings etc). You can still get kits (usually from UK or Sweden) to DIY fix displays (SID, ACC). I have also had some items (like the alarm module) repaired by BBA, and have obtained recycled parts from Goldwing. If you don't mind searching the internet for specific items it is a *very good* hobby car! My greatest expense over the years has been at body shops, getting the stupid (very low clearance) front bumper repaired, and having body panels repainted when the original clear coat degraded.
All said, it IS a fun car...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, Tech_Druid, Mon, 6 Mar 2023 13:45:50
- Re: 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, dr fall, Tue, 7 Mar 2023 17:12:10
- Re: 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, stephan_viggen, Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:17:46
- Re: 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, Tech_Druid, Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:45:01
- Re: 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Tue, 7 Mar 2023 12:49:56
- Re: 2000 Viggen Convertible - What to look for in buying?, Tech_Druid, Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:53:25
- Re: most parts are available..., kenS , Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:29:59 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: most parts are available..., stephan_viggen, Tue, 7 Mar 2023 18:55:08
- Re: most parts are available..., Tech_Druid, Mon, 13 Mar 2023 14:10:58
- Re: most parts are available..., dr fall, Mon, 13 Mar 2023 16:09:27
- Buying it!, Tech_Druid, Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:02:23
- Re: Buying it!, stephan_viggen, Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:52:02
- Get a Tech2, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Thu, 16 Mar 2023 15:28:04
- Re: Buying it!, saabnroark , Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:27:24
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!