Don't forget annuities... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
When economies and markets are swinging wildly and you are getting closer to retirement, annuities make sense. You can even get them tied to inflation. One honest investment adviser I know, say's to subtract your age from 100 and that should be the percentage of annuities one should own. Having said that, I have to admit I haven't followed my own advise. I was smart/lucky enough to be in Chinese index funds (and other emerging markets) since about a decade ago and have recently contracted a lot of it into cash. Just not ready to get back on the surf board at this time. I also told everyone to buy Apple a few years ago when it was cheap...but did I? No.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- investing...throwing darts...., GFW3pedals , Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:09:33
- it just depends on what kind of fund your looking for, vvack0matic , Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:13:12
- Open a fidelity account, pony, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 03:55:36
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., pennydini, Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:37:43
- It's all about asset allocation and costs, RodM, Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:23:16
- It's all about the fund managers tr.............., soccersaab, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:41:44
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., Reality, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:11:41
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., davidgmills, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:07:14
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., TML , Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:59:25
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., John Myers, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:14:16
- Index Funds vs. Actively-Managed Funds, Bill Homer, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:10:58
- Re: investing...throwing darts...., James, Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:50:47
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!