I'm so lazy... I've got the damn PDF of the 9-2X manual - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Yeah, I think I looked it up once before... so lazy of me to not look again... even though my owners manual is in my glove compartment in the car at the shop, I do have an electronic version on my computer that I didn't even bother to look at before asking here... sometimes the bulletin boards are just to easy to use to ask these questions... lemme see here... *opens 2005 9-2X Owners Manual PDF file on hard drive*... *Searches on "Tires"*... "The factory-fitted tires are all-season tires except for the 17-inch tires that are optional on the Aero (those are summer tires)." I do have the 17 inch sport rims with Bridgestone Potenzas...
So it says this: "Check on a daily basis that the tires are free from serious damage, nails, and stones. At the same time, check the tires for abnormal wear."
Who the Eff checks their tires on a daily basis... It also says somewhere in my manual that you are to "check the oil EVERY" time you stop to get gas. Give me an effing break...
"For safe vehicle operation, Saab recommends replacing all four tires at the same time."
1973 Saab Sonett III (Current)
1983 Saab 900 Turbo
1985 Saab 900 Sedan
1990 Saab 900
1992 Saab 900S
1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (RIP 95K/Accident-guy ran stop sign)
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (Current)
2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi
2010 Saab 9-3X Wagon
Winner 1996 Saab Owners Convention Rally Novice Class
Winner 1999 Saab Owners Convention Rally (All Classes)
Also Founder of two non-profits:
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Well, my 9-2X is out of commission for awhile..., Scott Paterson , Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:38:04
- Update: One less 9-2X Aero in the world..., Scott Paterson , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:19:20
- Photos, Scott Paterson , Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:01:31
- So your 9-2X will be repaired by Insurance Company?, MI-Roger , Wed, 13 Jul 2016 07:52:54
- Okay, Here is the 1st Report... Not so Happy... BUT!, Scott Paterson , Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:17:38
- Re-Insurance Ramifications, DnstrDan , Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:51:351
- Re: Sounds similar to what I went through, AeroDave, Fri, 1 Jul 2016 08:09:54
- Re: Okay, Here is the 1st Report... Not so Happy... BUT!, Steve, Fri, 1 Jul 2016 07:42:11
- Re: Okay, Here is the 1st Report... Not so Happy... BUT!, JustinHiFi , Fri, 1 Jul 2016 05:30:03
- Brings back bad memories of what my son went through..., MI-Roger , Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:50:181
- Glad to hear that you and your daughter are OK, RS , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:19:591
- I believe the 9-2X got a 5-Star Safety rating AND!..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:54:12
- Re: Well, my 9-2X is out of commission for awhile..., Bloodnose , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:05:051
- Re: Well, my 9-2X is out of commission for awhile..., AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 05:41:13
- Bad Boy!, Scott Paterson , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:57:02
- Investigate California's rule on Salvage Cars..., MI-Roger , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 03:20:341
- Re: Well, my 9-2X is out of commission for awhile..., EGD , Mon, 27 Jun 2016 23:03:271
- Re: Well, my 9-2X is out of commission for awhile..., Brianatl , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 04:50:45
- Amazingly - his airbag did not deploy either..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:58:27
- Glad all are OK, but come on let's get serious guys, GFW3pedals , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:07:08
- You are driving a safe car, nonetheless..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:59:34
- Re: Glad all are OK, but come on let's get serious guys, Snowmobile , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 07:13:07
- Subaru haters take note of the structural integrity nm, cheaptech , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:29:501
- First, glad all are ok! Next is the insurance company, Noel, Tue, 28 Jun 2016 07:38:461
- Here's part of the problem... Answer Please AWD & Tires, Scott Paterson , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:02:30
- Re: Here's part of the problem... Answer Please AWD & Tires, JimBlake , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:08:20
- Re: Here's part of the problem... Answer Please AWD & Tires, Dennis_MA, Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:16:50
- You can shave a single new tire to match diameters, MI-Roger , Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:59:12
- Re: Here's part of the problem... Answer Please AWD & Tires, A1-turbo, Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:37:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!