Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
proper arrangements as I won't be able to deal with it when the day comes. I appreciate the wisdom of this board it's become my go to place for really important questions.
I'll keep this short: Our family dog is nearing 15 and she's meant the world to our family. I feel the need to take responsibility and think ahead on the dreaded, but somewhat, celebratory day. I truly feel the desire to bury her on my own and have my last goodbye and not take the quick easy way out and have her cremated. I really want to be the last one to see her, not some technician in a veterinary shop.
I know it's probably illegal to do so yourself, but I've buried pets before, just not a dog. Some concerns:
- If she dies in the winter, I guess I'm out of luck.
- If she does't die in the winter, my biggest concern: How to find a place to burry her so that I know a pharmacy won't get built on top of it?!
- Seriously, how difficult is this?
I would welcome your experiences in this. It's becoming a difficult thing for me to procrastinate on. I have to be prepared.
2001 9-3 Viggen Laser Red 5 door 44k miles
2000 9-3 SE Midnight Blue 5 door (Sold)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, bender , Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:40:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Thank you all for the replies., bender , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:41:19
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, BobD, Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:01:26
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Tom G , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 05:50:13
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Skip, Sat, 16 Jul 2016 19:41:01
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, JerseySaab , Sat, 16 Jul 2016 06:22:07
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Bill Homer, Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:59:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!