Re: Thank you all for the replies. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Definitely a tough decision. My 17 year old boy started having problems walking about eight months ago. I took him to the vet in May and it was determined he had degenerative myelopathy, which is the nerves around the spine dying. The vet said it wasn't painful for him, but lately he has been falling a lot, and I know that has to hurt sometimes. He's determined and keeps going. If I try to help him at any time he tries to bite me. My days off are the worst, since he follows me everywhere I go. Every time I think today is the last day, he's usually doing better by tomorrow. The vet quoted me cremation services with four options ranging from $200 to $315 depending on what I wanted to do. I could even have him euthanized and take him home to bury him in the yard he has roamed his whole life.
I'm not looking forward to the day I have to take him in, and I'm not sure I can be there when he passes. Good luck on your decision.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, bender , Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:40:45
- Thank you all for the replies., bender , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:41:19
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, BobD, Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:01:26
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Tom G , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 05:50:13
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Skip, Sat, 16 Jul 2016 19:41:01
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, JerseySaab , Sat, 16 Jul 2016 06:22:07
- Re: Very OT: Dreading death of dog. Need to think ahead for, Bill Homer, Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:59:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!