Re: Publishing is a weird business. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I hate it though when you pay for a subscription and a unilateral change is made after the fact. I'm sure that the people who bought a "Sports & Exotic" subscription will not be happy receiving Hemmings in its place.
I went through something similar with "Linux Journal" magazine several years ago. Suddenly one day they informed subscribers that there would be no more print edition, it would henceforth be an internet-only publication. As I recall, refunds and substitutions were offered but I let them fill the remainder of my subscription to give it a try. I did not renew. Although there are advantages to the electronic edition I far prefer to have a printed magazine. (What can I say, I'm old!)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Hemmings (spit!)...Cry?...Curse?...Both?, MI-Roger , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:40:12
- Strange choice to cancel this one..., Tulsaab , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:11:00
- A sad day indeed...Highlights, GFW3pedals , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:32:53
- Publishing is a weird business., Noel , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 07:34:23
- Re: Publishing is a weird business., Ted, Sun, 9 Apr 2017 19:23:04
- Modern publishing though may not be so bad to get into..., Snowmobile , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:30:16
- Re: Publishing is a weird business., JerseySaab , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:13:35 <-- Viewing This Message
- My suspicions although I know nothing about publishing, MI-Roger , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:11:54
- Wow! Sad. A great magazine., K-Saab , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:54:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!