Re: Yes and no - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
absolutely... I wasn't sure the main motivator for you on this - whether it was more about publishing content that you want to get out there, or as a business venture first... obviously there is a complete spectrum with different levels of effort required to achieve the desired effect. I know some people who have done the "easy route" with blogging and mostly the ads cover their costs or they make a little off it, but it's no career either... they do it because they enjoy putting out the content.
At the most professional end, publishers are not finding it easy. Eg "The Guardian" online now has adverts encouraging donation "there are more people reading than ever before, but fewer people paying"... obviously for quality writing, editing, photography, etc, the costs are about the same as for print media.
In principle targeted advertising is more valuable, but in a specialized magazine like Hemmings, the ads are already targeted. Only advantage online is metrics can be collected.
If you do go forward with it, let us know!
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Hemmings (spit!)...Cry?...Curse?...Both?, MI-Roger , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:40:12
- Strange choice to cancel this one..., Tulsaab , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:11:00
- A sad day indeed...Highlights, GFW3pedals , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:32:53
- Publishing is a weird business., Noel , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 07:34:23
- Re: Publishing is a weird business., Ted, Sun, 9 Apr 2017 19:23:04
- Modern publishing though may not be so bad to get into..., Snowmobile , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:30:16
- Yes and no, Noel , Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:00:10
- Re: Yes and no, Snowmobile , Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:20:54 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Publishing is a weird business., JerseySaab , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:13:35
- My suspicions although I know nothing about publishing, MI-Roger , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:11:54
- Wow! Sad. A great magazine., K-Saab , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:54:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!