You are using outdated information - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
You are using outdated information
Posted by Bill Homer [Email] (more from Bill Homer) on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:27:36
In Reply to: Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, A1-turbo, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:05:39
We're on our second Volt, primarily because "someone" in our house did some major damage to the first one, and they offered me a deal that I couldn't refuse on a replacement, especially after I drove the hugely improved updated version.
The second generation Volt (Volt 2.0) uses REGULAR gasoline - when we use any, which is very rare and typically on longer trips. Also, the range in electric mode has been extended to an EPA rated 53 miles, and we typically see more except in extremely cold weather. It is also rated at 42 MPG when operating the internal combustion (gas) engine. See link for a comparison that someone did between a 2017 Volt and 2017 Cruze, with a breakeven time of 6.5 years. Bottom line of their comparison: "If being frugal was the goal, then the Cruze gives you notably better bang for the buck for the same feature set." For the driving that we typically do at our house, we are saving the $180 - $225/month in gasoline that I stated above. Your Mileage May be Different.
But frugality is not the only reason to get one. Believe it or not, the Volt is actually a fun car to drive (and therefore very different from a Prius). It's extremely quiet, comfortable, very quick (electric motors have full torque from 0 RPMs!), handles reasonably well, and is a hatchback - something that SAAB owners would appreciate.
posted by 108.71.132...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Irrational Exurbance?, MI-Roger , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:32:56
- Re: another interesting discussion n/m, Tom G , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:01:20
- Amazing ownership experience, vvk, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:19:27
- I still don't understand all of the attraction, MI-Roger , Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:40:18
- Let me explain, vvk, Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:54:35
- OK, now I understand your position, MI-Roger , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 04:55:16
- Re: Let me explain, Tom G , Mon, 17 Jul 2017 19:29:11
- I know it is difficult to believe, I was in the same boat, vvk, Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:44:41
- Man, spot on., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:15:00
- Re: thanks for the info, Tom G , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 20:56:10
- Not me, vvk, Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:04:29
- Electric vehicle recharging is shockingly inexpensive, MI-Roger , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 05:07:52
- Re: I still don't understand all of the attraction, JerseySaab , Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:58:28
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Dean, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 09:29:47
- Why I buy used cars... and never first model years!, Snowmobile , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:03:51
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:53:42
- Electric car fee, Finch, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:39:11
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Bill Homer, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:38:52
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:46:57
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:44:22
- Substantial??, A1-turbo, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:54:31
- EPA mileage vs real world, vvk, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:28:23
- Skewed comparisons, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:54:59
- Re: volt, Tom G , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:00:09
- Re: volt, Bill Homer, Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:10:44
- Re: Skewed comparisons, Snowmobile , Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:53:11
- Fuel cost savings changes by around $10, A1-turbo, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:28:26
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:46:12
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, A1-turbo, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:05:39
- You are using outdated information, Bill Homer, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:27:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- My premium comment was about the Audi, A1-turbo, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:21:58
- $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:07:53
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:01:28
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:06:33
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:13:59
- Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 22:31:44
- Re: Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 13 Jul 2017 03:14:52
- Southern California's Rates Doubled Over North Central California, DnstrDan , Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:41:33
- Yes, we are getting hosed. Most of CA is too., dmz789qqq, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:16:33
- Re: Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:01:09
- Re: You are using outdated information, Snowmobile , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:10:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!