Re: Save Yourself $10K... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Save Yourself $10K...
Posted by Finch (more from Finch) on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:36:54
In Reply to: Save Yourself $10K..., EGD [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:54:47
36 month loan. Putting more than half of the cost down. Stretch doesn't mean break the bank stretch, but rather is it worth the extra $30 per month or dipping further into savings for something that is going to be less desirable for the next buyer. ???
I do go off road a fair amount and drive on frozen lakes in the winter. I like the roll-down rear window for my dog. I carry my dirt bike on a hitch carrier, I think body on frame will handle this better.
I am surprised at how well these things hold their value. Almost no price drop between 20k miles and 50k miles in the local market <20k miles is only a few $k under new. Looking at $37k for new optioned the way I want, but considering the strong residual in middle-mileage examples why not save $5k+ for a vehicle that is - yes - 4 years old but also exactly the same as the 2018 model and CPO'd. I only drive about 10k miles per year.
posted by 156.99.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- Buying a new car, advice?, Finch, Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:45:16
- Another suggestion, vvk, Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:17:45
- Weird, vvk, Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:10:06
- Re: Buying new car,advice? buy an Alfa Romeo Giulia w/ 4WD, neil dale , Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:53:011
- Re: Buying a new car, advice? thats not a" car" , it's a truck,SUV, neil dale , Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:58:50
- Volvo XC70, Vlado, Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:14:111
- Save Yourself $10K..., EGD , Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:54:47
- Fly under the radar - Lexus GX, AeroBaron, Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:11:28
- Re: Buying a new car, advice?, Craig, Tue, 12 Dec 2017 12:09:36
- Re: Buying a new car, advice?, No Snaab, Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:37:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!