Re: When is it time to move on? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I always have a backup car for the family, i.e. another 9-5 but you need room and some extra dough for insurance. I tend to drive vehicles until it doesnt make sense to keep them going. Catastrophic rust ( I don't like spongy floors as an example) is a good reason to part it out but if you don't live in the rustbelt, a car will keep going a long time. Sooner or later, most drivers start lusting after a newer vehicle and justifying it with what they think are rational arguements. 9-5's are safe and fuel efficient with usually no serious engine and transmission issues until they top 300,000km plus so it can be difficult to rationalize a replacement unless you need to off-road. Most of the repairs are easy or moderate on the DIY scale and forums like this and a Haynes manual turns anyone into a capable troubleshooter and mechanic. Your vehicle appears to be well-maintained. But there is no harm in kicking tires, pricing out your dream and seeing if it might make sense (although new vehicles rarely do). After all, spring has arrived! And I don't think zero percent will be going away anytime soon for the 2020 model year.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- When is it time to move on?, Nate, Sun, 3 May 2020 21:07:07
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:17:20
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Brandon MacDuff, Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:55:49
- Re: When is it time to move on?, cheaptechs, Sat, 9 May 2020 11:13:44
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Steve@Boston, Thu, 7 May 2020 14:08:23
- Tough decision but things add up..., GFW3pedals , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:54:52
- Re: When is it time to move on?, mlc , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:53:55
- Re: When is it time to move on?, CraigU , Wed, 6 May 2020 04:47:58
- Re: When is it time to move on?, chris cleeland, Tue, 5 May 2020 14:07:51
- Re: When is it time to move on?, bobc , Tue, 5 May 2020 11:45:541
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Tue, 5 May 2020 08:25:01
- Re: When is it time to move on?, EGD , Mon, 4 May 2020 17:53:52
- Re: When is it time to move on?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 4 May 2020 09:41:06
- Re: When is it time to move on?, steve, Sun, 3 May 2020 22:13:57
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 3 May 2020 21:44:00 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!