Re: When is it time to move on? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
It’s probably better to get another car when it’s convenient for you to do so rather than when you have to get one (after a wreck or major breakdown) so you should be looking.
There are a couple of nice 9-3s and 9-5s in the classifieds herein but finding a stick will be tough.
I have two Volvo S60s and like them very much. The 2014 was a CPO and needed one big repair right around 98K miles (covered) and then another at 117K miles (not covered) — no issues since and it’s at 157K miles. My 2016 has a bit over 53K miles and has not needed anything. Current Volvo CPO warranty is 5 years / unlimited miles. Do not buy new as two-year depreciation is astonishing.
VWs can be had for nice prices as long as you don’t load them up. The Passats are roomy and really nice. If I was going new, though, I’d probably get a Mazda 6.
Non-CPO used? Probably a Fusion or a Taurus. No, really. They both drive well and the Taurus is enormous inside.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. Support Saabnet.com - Become a Member - Signup
- When is it time to move on?, Nate, Sun, 3 May 2020 21:07:07
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:17:20
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Brandon MacDuff, Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:55:49
- Re: When is it time to move on?, cheaptechs, Sat, 9 May 2020 11:13:44
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Steve@Boston, Thu, 7 May 2020 14:08:23
- Tough decision but things add up..., GFW3pedals , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:54:52
- Re: When is it time to move on?, mlc , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:53:55
- Re: When is it time to move on?, CraigU , Wed, 6 May 2020 04:47:58
- Re: When is it time to move on?, chris cleeland, Tue, 5 May 2020 14:07:51
- Re: When is it time to move on?, bobc , Tue, 5 May 2020 11:45:541
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Tue, 5 May 2020 08:25:01
- Re: When is it time to move on?, EGD , Mon, 4 May 2020 17:53:52 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: When is it time to move on?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 4 May 2020 09:41:06
- Re: When is it time to move on?, steve, Sun, 3 May 2020 22:13:57
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 3 May 2020 21:44:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!