Re: When is it time to move on? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Its a tough call and I too have thoughts of moving on rattling around in my (so called) mind occasionally. These cars are remarkable. Powerful, beautiful and quite reliable. I can't really think of a car that can replace it.
To me a car is always fixable and it seems that for most of us that DIY, holding on makes decent economic sense. Of course fixing your own car is not always convenient, and so some of us maintain multiples. When one car is down I have another that can be pressed into service.
I guess looking back over my Saab lifetime, I've moved on when I lost "faith" in the car. When I was not sure that it would get me to a given destination or when I was not sure if it would leave me stranded on the side of the road.
For me, when the time is right to move on, I think I will not bother to find a car that "inspires" me like these Saabs have. I might just go for a used, inexpensive, "transportation device"
I think I have a number of years before my time to move on.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- When is it time to move on?, Nate, Sun, 3 May 2020 21:07:07
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:17:20
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Brandon MacDuff, Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:55:49
- Re: When is it time to move on?, cheaptechs, Sat, 9 May 2020 11:13:44
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Steve@Boston, Thu, 7 May 2020 14:08:23
- Tough decision but things add up..., GFW3pedals , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:54:52
- Re: When is it time to move on?, mlc , Wed, 6 May 2020 07:53:55
- Re: When is it time to move on?, CraigU, Wed, 6 May 2020 04:47:58
- Re: When is it time to move on?, chris cleeland, Tue, 5 May 2020 14:07:51
- Re: When is it time to move on?, bobc , Tue, 5 May 2020 11:45:54 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Nate, Tue, 5 May 2020 08:25:01
- Re: When is it time to move on?, EGD , Mon, 4 May 2020 17:53:52
- Re: When is it time to move on?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 4 May 2020 09:41:061
- Re: When is it time to move on?, steve, Sun, 3 May 2020 22:13:57
- Re: When is it time to move on?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 3 May 2020 21:44:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!