Re: Another thought, car won't move - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Something you can do that might be easier is to remove the round cover and expose the end of the clutch shaft (where the plastic propeller is). If the clutch is slipping that shaft and propeller will not be turning at all. If it is turning then you have a problem inside the transmission. You might need two people, one inside the car and one watching the propeller from beside the car (not in front of it!).
Posts in this Thread:
- rebuilt transmission, car not moving, shifter alignment issues, Rob 85 Turbo, Sun, 2 May 2021 09:01:46
- FWIW,, sandy hague, Sun, 2 May 2021 19:08:511
- Re: FWIW,, Roger D , Mon, 3 May 2021 04:16:54
- Re: rebuilt transmission, car digit diagnosis?, Roger D , Sun, 2 May 2021 17:13:35
- Re: rebuilt transmission, car not moving, shifter alignment issues, Cmyles , Sun, 2 May 2021 15:21:25
- note: the car is a 1991 (not a 1985) n/t, Rob 85 Turbo, Sun, 2 May 2021 09:03:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!