Re: Dog hits car - owners fault? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?
Posted by Dave [Email] (more from Dave) on Wed, 9 Apr 2008 06:17:41
In Reply to: Dog hits car - owners fault?, George, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:21:54
This is a great exapmple of the need for personal liability coverage, even if you don't own a home. The dog owner is responsible and the liability coverage included on a homeowners or renters policy would pay for damage to your car. As others have mentioned, ALWAYS call the police, unless you are ok with the likelihood that the other party will bail out on you. I'm an insurance agent and see this situation quite often. You want to help someone out by avoiding police involvement, but more often than not, it's you that ends up getting the short end of the stick.
posted by 24.38.171...
Posts in this Thread:
- Dog hits car - owners fault?, George, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:21:54
- This situation exactly happened to me...., Dan , Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:57:32
- Was the dog in the crosswalk?, ursaw, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:16:05
- I once had a deer hit my car, TG, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:59:38
- I hit a dog/coyote that ran into the middle of the road, turrbo , Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:54:07
- Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?, Dave, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 06:17:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?, yaofeng, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 05:08:59
- Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?, dtech, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 04:51:49
- Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?, jp, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 04:24:33
- I would guess this to be a Comprehensive claim..., MI-Roger , Wed, 9 Apr 2008 03:34:34
- Re: Dog hits car - owners fault?, thegens, Wed, 9 Apr 2008 03:25:14
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!