Re: Simply SAAB? Simply not for me - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/2 New Sponsor: Swedish Dynamics | 7/29 Last Call for T-Shirts - Order Now! | 6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
You inquired about a turbo from Chad at Simply Saab, his price was higher than others so you went and bought somewhere else? This your point in posting?
Quite a bit has changed within the last with parts availability and pricing of such. As I said in a post below, I have been sourcing non stocked parts from the UK and Australia costing me double what MSRP is here in the US. Its the market and the day. When pricing items for sale, you must keep in mind how much was paid for the unit on the shelf and also how much it will cost you to order a replacement for that same item for stock.
It is very typical for dealerships to go above "list/msrp" pricing, this is usually referred to as matrix pricing. This also applies to labor operations (mechanical, electrical, service etc). I have spent two hours on the phone searching for a non stocked og9-3 shift cable. Found a dealer willing to sell one at 56% above suggested list price, as they know Saab is out of stock. That's fine, I bought it for a clients vehicle to get them back safely on the road. A sign of the times, hopefully it will get better.
Has anyone an idea how much dealer markup above their cost from Saab? How about Saab's cost from their parts vendors? They too make a nice markup, well above the 10-20% discount given to shops. Since us independent shops are the final point of sale, we tend to get the finger pointed at us from buyers without an regard to the increases throughout the supply chain.
posted by 97.103.11...
Strictly Saab Inc.
-1991 900 S-PG MT
-2001 9-5 Wagon AT
-2006 9-3 SS AT
-1964 96 2-Smoke MT
-1967 96 v4 MT
-1983 900 Turbo MT
-1985 900 SPG MT
-1988 9000 Turbo Black MT
-1988 9000 Turbo White AT
-1990 900 SPG Red MT
-1990 900 SPG Black MT
-1991 9000 Turbo MT
-1991 900 SPG Red MT
-1992 9000 Griffin AT
-2000 9-5 Aero Sedan MT
-2001 9-5 Aero Wagon MT
-2008 9-3 2.0T Sedan AT
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Simply SAAB? Simply not for me, Nader, Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:47:36
- Re: The smoking gun!, 93Vector, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:44:39
- Re: The smoking gun!, Anil, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:47:02
- dude...get it through your thick skull...., Rizzlius, Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:34:49
- Re: The smoking gun!, rob , Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:07:11
- Come on now, I have been accused of, Reality, Sat, 23 Jun 2012 07:01:46
- Re: The smoking gun!, Snowmobile , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:07:07
- Re: The smoking gun!, HudsonValleySaabGuy, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:54:55
- Re: The smoking gun!, TML , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:43:40
- LOLZ! "Most are independent parts dealers like him", turrbo , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:04:34
- I bet you're actually thinking this is working., John Myers, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:00:04
- Re: wt actual f?, 93Vector, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:54:24
- keep flogging that dead horse... nm, Simon S, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:51:47
- So now you're threatening to slander this entire site?, Chadwick , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:36:14
- hello from independent parts consumer from Mordor (n/m), Siegfried, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:04:32
- Wow, thanks for finding that!, Chadwick , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:49:59
- Re: Simply SAAB? Simply not for me, Judge Judy, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:23:28
- Re: Simply SAAB? Simply not for me, turbocon86, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:51:49
- Re: Simply SAAB? Simply not for me, JustinHiFi , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:40:49 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Daniel/Nader don't you know..., 93Vector, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:53:36
- David/Anil getting more friends to post for them?, turrbo , Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:57:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!