Our kids lived on Saipan for a year - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The son and daughter-in-law thought it would be great to live in a tropical paradise while she clerked for a Federal Judge. They came home in a year very glad to be on the mainland again.
Sky-high prices for recognizable food stuffs, tap water that always needed to be boiled for safety, obscenely high electrical rates with power limited to a few hours per day (at best!), high fuel costs, high crime, always feeling as an interloper or potential crime target, etc.
We have always loved our brief visits to St Thomas but there is a huge difference between visiting and permanently living somewhere.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan - My daily driver
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Dymaxion House, No Snaab, Sat, 8 Dec 2012 06:37:49
- Two ideas, Tim, Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:15:04
- There's one at the ford museum in detroit., Cary, Sat, 8 Dec 2012 13:35:29
- not aluminum, but definitely small..., Snowmobile , Sat, 8 Dec 2012 11:00:33
- Re: Dymaxion House, turbosaab , Sat, 8 Dec 2012 10:47:28
- They aren't aluminum, or have waste packaging toilets;, MI-Roger , Sat, 8 Dec 2012 10:41:10
- Deltec, John in Bismarck, Mon, 10 Dec 2012 05:47:43
- Re: Deltec, No Snaab, Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:44:27
- Re: Deltec, TML , Mon, 10 Dec 2012 07:34:39
- Pricing, No Snaab, Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:39:34
- Re: Deltec, John in Bismarck, Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:34:11
- Perfect!, No Snaab, Sun, 9 Dec 2012 06:35:56
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!