Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?
Posted by AlexA (more from AlexA) on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:56:30
Some of you may remember...I had a '99 9-3 that I have owned since new that was totalled...got a decent payout...and set out looking for a used SAAB to replace it. I have become frustrated looking for 9-5s. Most are not in the condition I would like, and others are too far away to take a chance traveling so far only for the car to not be that nice up close in person. I have started to consider new/newer cars. I could put my solid payout towards it (although then, the moron who hit me will have,saddled me with a financial burden still...I don't like that idea)
An Accord 'Sport' caught my eye on the road the other day. It looked subtly sharp. MSRP is around 24k, real world price seems to be 21.9k. 189 hp 4, 6 speed manual, 18" wheels, fogs, etc etc.... I plan to test drive one and see what it feels like.
Before anyone goes nuts...I just said I plan to test drive one :P I also looked at the Buick Regal Turbo...interesting car. Considering the VW GTI/GLI too but am a little afraid of reliability. My SAAB wasn't quite perfect...but the character made up for it...all new cars today are appliances, so they may as well be reliable.
I do worry about one thing w/ the Honda...resale due to the 6 speed manual. One reason to buy a Honda and put up w. the boredom is resale...would that be negated by the fact that it is a manual (and the accord is not an enthusiast car...a manual transmission Porsche would obviously be easy to sell).
thanks for any opinions!!
posted by 69.120.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AlexA, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:56:30 <-- Viewing This Message
- I considered the same thing!, STICKMAN, Mon, 31 Mar 2014 06:56:05
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:19:58
- Dart, Ultimated , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:01:15
- Fart, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:17:02
- Re:, jeff, Sun, 30 Mar 2014 01:57:11
- Re: Re:, Ultimated , Mon, 31 Mar 2014 05:12:44
- Re: Fart, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:36:04
- Should have named it "Scoreggia", Steve T, Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:58:05
- Thanks everyone for all of the feedback..., AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:41:16
- Re: Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? Pet Peeve, Dave Chicago, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:53:46
- If Accord, consider the V-6/manual, vvk, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:25:36
- 2 door is a great looking car, AdamD, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:58:14
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, No Snaab, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:05:21
- Just got 14 LX model, Vicsaero95, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:28:36
- I wouldn't even rent a GM, ponytrekker, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 02:36:56
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, EGD , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:41:07
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, LI_Dave, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:44:52
- shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, K-Saab , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 03:56:26
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:39:22
- No, really - more and more performance, Bill Homer, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 05:39:43
- Performance vs Enjoyment, AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:39:49
- Performance vs Enjoyment, Name Left Blank, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:34:16
- Performance sure, but..., Craig, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:10:41
- Upkeep, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:43:12
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, Zach, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:24:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!