Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I would not say that the driving dynamics of the og9-3 in stock form were particularly spectacular. Probably better than many (most?) American and Asian cars of the time, but kind of a low point in handling for a SAAB. Eg, c900 (stock, er um in my case with worn suspension) is significantly more planted through a fast S turn.
Alex, if you are looking at midsize sedans, there are a bazillion options. I don't know what 9-5's you looked at, but if a sedan is fine, I would seriously test drive a few 9-3ss's of later years. The 9-5 fizzled out in 2009, but they are (apparently) still making 9-3's (kind of). You might have better luck finding one that is minty fresh, lower miles, they all have a turbo, and some had a stick. It may not have the personality of the og9-3, but it makes up for that in handling.
Beyond that I'm not sure where to go... Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc? Porsche? if you're looking at 2 doors, maybe Porsche works? Lots of more economical cars (Asia/USA) now have turbos... but they are appliances in comparison. The main reason to buy Honda is resale. Not sure how Accords resale, but Civic is good, and Pilot is astounding. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those school buses though...
Posts in this Thread:
- Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AlexA, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:56:30
- I considered the same thing!, STICKMAN, Mon, 31 Mar 2014 06:56:05
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:19:58
- Dart, Ultimated , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:01:15
- Fart, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:17:02
- Re:, jeff, Sun, 30 Mar 2014 01:57:11
- Re: Re:, Ultimated , Mon, 31 Mar 2014 05:12:44
- Re: Fart, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:36:04
- Should have named it "Scoreggia", Steve T, Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:58:05
- Thanks everyone for all of the feedback..., AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:41:16
- Re: Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? Pet Peeve, Dave Chicago, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:53:46
- If Accord, consider the V-6/manual, vvk, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:25:36
- 2 door is a great looking car, AdamD, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:58:14
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, No Snaab, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:05:21
- Just got 14 LX model, Vicsaero95, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:28:36
- I wouldn't even rent a GM, ponytrekker, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 02:36:56
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, EGD , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:41:07
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, LI_Dave, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:44:52
- shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, K-Saab , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 03:56:26
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:39:22
- No, really - more and more performance, Bill Homer, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 05:39:43
- Performance vs Enjoyment, AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:39:49
- Performance vs Enjoyment, Name Left Blank, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:34:16
- Performance sure, but..., Craig, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:10:41
- Upkeep, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:43:12
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, Zach, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:24:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!