Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I've seen the new Accord Sport and it is the first Accord I've seen in decades that has any appeal whatsoever. That being said, it is an Accord and ultimately would probably bore you to tears.
In the same horsepower range but with supposedly a better driving experience is the 2014 Mazda 6. You can get 6-speed Sport models in the $19K range and 6-spd Touring models in the $22K range. Would not have the resale of the Accord but not much does anyway. And there's supposed to be a diesel 6 coming soon. Or you could drop down one size to the Mazda 3.
And, yes, the new Regals are something to consider. Not sure I like the front view of the GS compared to the regular model but you have to go used for low-$20K as new will set you back between $30-$40K. Surprisingly, resale on these is not as poor as Buicks of the past. Still dislike that waterfall grill and three-shield logo. Of course, you could always swap out for a Vauxhall, Holden, or Opel grill...
Have you looked at a near-new Volvo S60? No manuals, but plenty of power.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:42:36.
Posts in this Thread:
- Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AlexA, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:56:30
- I considered the same thing!, STICKMAN, Mon, 31 Mar 2014 06:56:05
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:19:58
- Dart, Ultimated , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:01:15
- Fart, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:17:02
- Re:, jeff, Sun, 30 Mar 2014 01:57:11
- Re: Re:, Ultimated , Mon, 31 Mar 2014 05:12:44
- Re: Fart, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:36:04
- Should have named it "Scoreggia", Steve T, Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:58:05
- Thanks everyone for all of the feedback..., AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:41:16
- Re: Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts? Pet Peeve, Dave Chicago, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:53:46
- If Accord, consider the V-6/manual, vvk, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:25:36
- 2 door is a great looking car, AdamD, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:58:14
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, No Snaab, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:05:21
- Just got 14 LX model, Vicsaero95, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:28:36
- I wouldn't even rent a GM, ponytrekker, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 02:36:56
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, EGD , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:41:07 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Considering '14 Accord 'Sport' 6spd Manual...nuts?, LI_Dave, Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:44:52
- shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, K-Saab , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 03:56:26
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:39:22
- No, really - more and more performance, Bill Homer, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 05:39:43
- Performance vs Enjoyment, AlexA, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:39:49
- Performance vs Enjoyment, Name Left Blank, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:34:16
- Performance sure, but..., Craig, Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:10:41
- Upkeep, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:43:12
- Re: shifting is over rated.....more and more performance, Zach, Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:24:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!