One other thing to consider - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
If buying used - carbon fiber is all the rage these days, but some of the earlier carbon bikes suffered from lack of knowledge re manufacturing carbon fiber. In addition, even a newer carbon fiber bike that has been abused could have hidden damage. Be cautious purchasing a used carbon fiber bike (mtn or road).
A better bet for someone not counting grams would be a last generation aluminum bike - I picked up a Giant OCR1 road bike cheap when they introduced the next gen carbon fiber frame. Still rides great many years and thousands of miles later. For that matter, I picked up an '80s vintage Specialized Allez (similar to the one Kevin Costner rode in American Flyers). Sweet ride.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 16 May 2014 13:05:51.
'04 9-5 Arc
'05 9-5 Arc
'97 9000 CSE
'93 900 S 3 door
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Bicycle, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 14 May 2014 12:22:04
- Coconino, Nick Z , Mon, 19 May 2014 16:27:29
- Thanks!, AdamSAAB2kAero , Sat, 17 May 2014 16:16:20
- Here is another angle..., Snowmobile , Fri, 16 May 2014 06:33:27
- Bikes..., PGAero , Thu, 15 May 2014 11:38:59
- bikes, snobs, $$, used stuff, roadies, reason, etc..., Snowmobile , Thu, 15 May 2014 11:27:51
- Re: bikes, snobs, $$, used stuff, roadies, reason, etc..., PGAero , Thu, 15 May 2014 12:31:47
- oh and I should add..., Snowmobile , Thu, 15 May 2014 11:30:44
- Another way to go, Dan-O, Thu, 15 May 2014 06:44:46
- Re: Bicycle, Tom G , Thu, 15 May 2014 06:43:37
- those prices are nuts, none yet, Wed, 14 May 2014 16:37:59
- 6800, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 14 May 2014 14:31:55
- Buy 2. Or just spend less., Noel , Wed, 14 May 2014 13:43:12
- Re: Bicycle, SRS900S, Wed, 14 May 2014 13:30:17
- Re: Bicycle, Craig, Wed, 14 May 2014 13:00:03
- 6800? holy crow ..., GFW3pedals , Wed, 14 May 2014 12:33:52
- Re: Bicycle, dtechakacheaptech, Wed, 14 May 2014 12:30:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!