Samsung ehh, that's funny - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
That's what crapped out on me a few years after I bought it and after some research, it sounded like it could be a blown/leaking capacitor problem and they had extended warranty on it.
I called the number and they sent out a technician next week (that was good), but after looking at the circuit board, both he and I could see that capacitors were not the problem so he ordered the whole circuit board instead to test with.
That wasn't the problem either and with that, the Samsung commitment ended and I was on the hook for if I wanted him to dive further into the problem.
The next possible part was another circuit board with a price tag of $300.00 plus labor with no guarantee that it would fix it so I stopped right there and bought a Vizio instead which so far is doing great.
How long, who knows but I have no expectations or believes that any of the different manufacturers use any worse or better material anymore (just like the car business) than the other.
It is carefully calculated on spreadsheets what they can get away with and then sometimes it comes back and bites them.
And what was produced one year or one model should not be any guarantees or deterrent for what might be produced the next year (just like the car business).
Posts in this Thread:
- Curved TV's, Mike Lynch , Sat, 4 Oct 2014 11:32:29
- Re: Curved TV's - I hate them, AdamB , Thu, 9 Oct 2014 15:16:47
- Re: Curved TV's, andym, Tue, 7 Oct 2014 18:06:01
- It's all gimmickery., B Millar , Mon, 6 Oct 2014 06:29:32
- Apple TV, AdamSAAB2kAero , Sun, 5 Oct 2014 11:28:54
- Samsung ehh, that's funny, SWEDECAR , Sun, 5 Oct 2014 18:05:28 <-- Viewing This Message
- I refer to this company as Samsuck. nm, ryan , Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:43:38
- Re: Samsung ehh, that's funny, EGD , Mon, 6 Oct 2014 08:50:36
- Counterfeit Chinese parts stream to blame?, Snowmobile , Mon, 6 Oct 2014 03:00:10
- Re: Samsung ehh, that's funny, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 6 Oct 2014 00:06:34
- Re: Curved TV's, Craig, Sat, 4 Oct 2014 14:00:42
- Re: Curved TV's, jeff in MD, Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:09:39
- 4k, vvk, Sat, 4 Oct 2014 19:21:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!