1987 VW Scirocco 16V - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
For its day, it was a pretty decent car. All of 124 hp and I think 120 ft-lbs of torque! A real step up in performance from my '80 Rabbit L, a genuine babe repellant!
Picked it up on tourist delivery in Germany in December '86 and drove down to Garmisch, Oberstdorf, Kitzbuhel, and Dolomitis to ski, then over to Paris for New Years, and then back to Germany through Belgium and Luxembourg. Had a three-week blast with my best friend.
Beautiful driving dynamics, and the only manual car I've ever driven in which I could shift without using the clutch (something I only did very rarely).
Mechanically, it was a pain -- I needed a second car to go to the store for parts! -- but I did get 148K out of it before I traded it in.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:38:43.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., GFW3pedals , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:56:16
- 1967 mercedes 230, brick8, Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:19:51
- 1990 Ford Bronco, Finch, Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:18:48
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Aero~0657, Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:48:45
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Al T, Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:19:43
- my 1978 F150 had it, AeroEd , Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:44:01
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., pme , Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:34:56
- 65 Impala, EAnderson, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:11:00
- I still have cars with floor-mounted dimmer, JerseySaab , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:59:33
- Me too, kurt nelson, Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:16:52
- My '69 Firebird, ELaw , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:56:00
- 1987 VW Scirocco 16V, EGD , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:37:16 <-- Viewing This Message
- 1985 Dodge W150, Cmyles , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:04:06
- 1960 Ford Taunus 17M, SWEDECAR , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:10:50
- 1976 Plymouth Sport Fury, turbocon86, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:46:07
- 1968 Mustang Convertible, Dennis_MA, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:16:11
- 54 Studebaker, 56 Chrysler, 61 Imperial, AMC Gremlin, RS , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:05:19
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Flyboy , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:34:43
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Craig, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:03:01
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Name Left Blank, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:00:57
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., JimBlake , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:48:29
- "GFW4pedals", ...., Bill Homer, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:07:59
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!