my 1978 F150 had it - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
10/5 Photo of the Year Winners
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
but it was the switch in my 1967 F250 that made the greatest impression.
Driving along, suddenly smoke in the car. Pull over, the whole switch/floorboard area was rusted/corroded, falling apart and shorting out the wiring.
Pulled the fuse for the headlight (can't remember if high beams had separate fuse) continued until I could patch floor and redo wiring.
2007 9-5 Aero SC [60th]
2004 9-3 Aero
2005 9-5 Aero
2005 9-5 Arc
2002 9-5 Aero SW (taken out by Bambi)
1999 9-5 Arc (2.3) (taken out by daughter on icy road)
1999 9-5 Arc (3.0) SW (brief interim between 2002 and 2007)
now SAABless, effective 4/2022
-- previous --
2007 9-5 Aero SC [60th Anniversary]
2005 9-5 Aero (son's)
2005 9-5 Arc (daughter's)
2002 9-5 Aero SW (1st SAAB, taken out by Bambi)
1999 9-5 SE6 SW (brief interim between '02 &amp;amp;amp; '07)
1999 9-5 SE (taken out by daughter on icy rd)
ex-2004 9-3 Aero SS (ex-wife's)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., GFW3pedals , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:56:16
- 1967 mercedes 230, brick8, Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:19:51
- 1990 Ford Bronco, Finch, Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:18:48
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Aero~0657, Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:48:45
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Al T, Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:19:43
- my 1978 F150 had it, AeroEd , Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:44:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., pme , Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:34:56
- 65 Impala, EAnderson, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:11:00
- I still have cars with floor-mounted dimmer, JerseySaab , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:59:33
- Me too, kurt nelson, Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:16:52
- My '69 Firebird, ELaw , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:56:00
- 1987 VW Scirocco 16V, EGD , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:37:16
- 1985 Dodge W150, Cmyles , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:04:06
- 1960 Ford Taunus 17M, SWEDECAR , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:10:50
- 1976 Plymouth Sport Fury, turbocon86, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:46:07
- 1968 Mustang Convertible, Dennis_MA, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:16:11
- 54 Studebaker, 56 Chrysler, 61 Imperial, AMC Gremlin, RS , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:05:19
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Flyboy , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:34:43
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Craig, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:03:01
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., Name Left Blank, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:00:57
- Re: Floorboard mounted dimmer switch..., JimBlake , Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:48:29
- "GFW4pedals", ...., Bill Homer, Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:07:59
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!