Re: 2nd car = Rabbit - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
9/1 Photo of the Year Voting | 8/2 New Sponsor: Swedish Dynamics | 7/29 T-Shirts are In!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I got a 1980 Rabbit L when I graduated from college in 1980 for $5950. Four-speed manual with a white exterior on light blue vinyl interior. I was styling! Really wanted a 1980 Scirocco S but I couldn’t afford the extra $35/month.
Rectified that deferred dream when I picked up a ‘87 Scirocco 16V on tourist delivery. Best driving car I ever had (or so I remember fondly). Needed a second car to go to the store for parts, though. Unreliable but fun. Got rid of it in ‘92 with 147K miles on it.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:52:22.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Anatomy of a Murder: How Saab Was Sent to an Early Grave, Scott Paterson , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:04:18
- Great Discussion: Comments and a Question, Aero51 , Sat, 2 Mar 2019 09:53:15
- It's bigger than GM, Bloodnose , Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:43:431
- Not a bad article..., JerseySaab , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:08:511
- Re: Not a bad article... it's a really bad article, Keith, Mon, 18 Feb 2019 09:02:562
- Re: Not a bad article..., EGD , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:28:161
- Saab discounts, A1-turbo, Sat, 16 Feb 2019 05:45:10
- Re: Not a bad article..., JerseySaab , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:55:25
- Re: Not a bad article..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:34:22
- Too far ahead of their time like Tesla, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:27:591
- Hatchbacks ahead of their time..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:07:551
- Re: Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:01:36
- 2nd car = Rabbit, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:56:54
- Re: Hatchbacks, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:52:44
- +1, mlc , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:49:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!