Great Discussion: Comments and a Question - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Lots of good info and opinions here, I'm grateful for everyone's insights as a longtime Saab owner/fan. Re: Hatchbacks, I've owned 2, a 99 and 900, which my wife and I loved the reasons that everyone here does; large capacity, easy loading and a flat floor. When we needed to replace our 900 in 1993, we looked forward to driving the new (GM) 900. My wife didn't like it because of the "tunnel vision" effect looking out of the rear view mirror. I didn't like it because the manual trans and clutch felt notchy and was difficult the shift smoothly, so we got a new Honda Accord and didn't look back. Re: Discounts. I now have a 2009 9-3 Aero Convertible that I purchased at the end of 2017. Love the car. I got the original window sticker from the dealer and was quite surprised to find the sticker price of over $51K. Now, I know the car did not sell for that. For one thing, it was sold off the lot in mid-2010 (its a 2009MY). And I know that deep discounts were being offered. Does anyone here care to venture a guess as to what the original owner may have paid? I don't know and am genuinely curious. Thanks!
posted by 108.28.38...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Anatomy of a Murder: How Saab Was Sent to an Early Grave, Scott Paterson , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:04:18
- Great Discussion: Comments and a Question, Aero51 , Sat, 2 Mar 2019 09:53:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- It's bigger than GM, Bloodnose , Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:43:431
- Not a bad article..., JerseySaab , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:08:511
- Re: Not a bad article... it's a really bad article, Keith, Mon, 18 Feb 2019 09:02:562
- Re: Not a bad article..., EGD , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:28:161
- Saab discounts, A1-turbo, Sat, 16 Feb 2019 05:45:10
- Re: Not a bad article..., JerseySaab , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:55:25
- Re: Not a bad article..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:34:22
- Too far ahead of their time like Tesla, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:27:591
- Hatchbacks ahead of their time..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:07:551
- Re: Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:01:36
- 2nd car = Rabbit, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:56:54
- Re: Hatchbacks, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:52:44
- +1, mlc , Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:49:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!