Re: wiring - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Not spread fear, but the insulation problem in an '85 could as simple as a couple wires by the brake booster to all the wires in the bundle that goes down the driver's side fender. You need to be really cautious about this - you may luck out, or you may be in for a world of hurt. Also, keep in mind that bad insulation could also be fried or damaged electronics - +12v from the main voltage input to the fusebox could end up destroying rear taillights if it touches the wrong bits.
I've owned three '85s and only one has been a problem, but that was ten years ago. They haven't gotten better.
My $0.02, YMMV...
posted by 12.71.42...
Posts in this Thread:
- 1985 900 SPG...take the plunge?, Clay McNeely , Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:29:31
- Re: 1985 900 SPG...take the plunge? YES!, Steinway, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:02:58
- Re: 1985 900 SPG...take the plunge?, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:19:31
- Re: 1985 900 SPG...take the plunge?, Bri, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:42:06
- wiring, brownie, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:27:58
- Re: wiring, Bri, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:14:29
- Re: wiring, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:41:17 <-- Viewing This Message
- niceties, brownie, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:41:35
- My experience with 1990 & up C900s (long), Saab Junkie, Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:03:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!