Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A lot of it has to do with perception. If your car makes some exhaust noise, people tend to think the car is going faster than it is. A neighbor 2 blocks away yelled at me once and I quickly looked down at my speedometer. The needle was midway between 25 and 30, say 28 in a 25 mph zone. I was 55 years old at the time, but I was in my 1991 9000T with a 3 inch JT exhaust, so I guess it "sounded fast".
On the other hand, you would feel pretty bad if you ran over a kid, even if you were going 20.
To answer your original question, the police will not come to your door to yell at you based on one neighbor's complaint. However, if there are enough complaints, they will stop by with a radar gun and establish if you are "too fast" or not.
posted by 96.241.75...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Neighborhood dispute!, Eric, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:51:16
- Thanks everyone!, Eric, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:56:00
- Re: Thanks everyone!, Erik919kt, Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:49:09
- Added thought, 125 mph speed limit now!, Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:57:33
- My guess as to what really happened......., MI-Roger , Sun, 29 Aug 2010 06:01:44
- Re: Thanks everyone!, Craig, Sun, 29 Aug 2010 05:27:38
- Re: Thanks everyone!, EGD , Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:15:01
- just slow down....., Wasabi, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:36:13
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, KevinM, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:00:32
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, Dean, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:27:49
- need to wind down the turbo anyway..., James, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:40:44
- Perception, JMF, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 07:19:57
- Your neighbor needs a life, Noel, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 06:05:31
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, saabSC , Sat, 28 Aug 2010 05:19:46
- COPS What cha' gonna do when they come for you?, Robo, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:18:02
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, vvack0matic , Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:17:42
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, SRS900S, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:23:27
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, rob 94 aero, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:56:28
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, EGD , Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:23:47
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, Don , Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:18:43
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, kkelley, Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:34:12
- It's all about perception, Eric, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:55:40
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, John Myers, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:39:52
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, AaronG, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:20:52
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, AaronG, Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:20:51
- Re: OT: Neighborhood dispute!, Gene N , Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:19:47 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!