Re: That's about the same as for 2001. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
12/5 Saab Photo of the Year Entries Due by 12/31
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
What is strange to me is we rented a forester for maybe 500 miles in California in 2004 or so. I don't remember that one handling so poorly. It was a decent basic vehicle. I know one of my subie friends back then did not like the forester handling (because they drove an impreza), but I don't remember it being that bad. I think they must have made the platform taller or something in 2009 - that new design/shape was definitely bigger looking anyway. So maybe this was a glitch that they have redesigned for 2014. But it is hard to make a tall vehicle handle well, even if the engine is fairly flat and low (actually, the legacy handled reasonably well).
Yeah, I can see the popularity if it is $22k. Here they start at $28k and there is basically never any discounting. You used to be able to get 9-3's here for that much. More for XWD, but more for a turbo and leather in a Forester also!
I think the main reason we started looking into them was the 9-5 wagons seemed few and far between at one point and we thought we needed a wagon. Then we discovered through the long rentals, that the SAAB sedans were more enjoyable to drive, and could haul just as much anyway... though I still wish we had found a good 9-5 wagon.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Consumer reports top autos for 2015, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:56:54
- JD Power 1st 12 mos - Buick No. 2 behind Lexus., Norm9-5, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:09:42
- Poor Acura/Honda.... nm, Norm9-5, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 06:41:53
- CR doesn't consider Buick Regal a luxury car, Tim, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:27:33
- reading comprehension, AeroEd , Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:40:28
- Ratios, Tim, Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:07:21
- Categories, Snowmobile , Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:07:08
- "Skip the BMW and Benz, buy the Buick" says CR., Norm9-5, Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:03:41
- Is the Buick Regal the same platform as NG9-5?, Bill Homer, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:55:47
- Impala, LaCrosse, Malibu..., Norm9-5, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:44:18
- Yes., B Millar , Wed, 25 Feb 2015 09:28:29
- Re: Yes., EGD , Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:52:53
- Re: Yes., B Millar , Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:04:32
- Re: Yes., EGD , Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:07:18
- Re: Consumer reports top autos for 2015, Snowmobile , Wed, 25 Feb 2015 05:48:21
- Re: I see the quirky badge has been passed, fwd84, Wed, 25 Feb 2015 03:19:19
- Re: Consumer reports top autos for 2015, AeroEd , Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:26:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!