Not completly convinced... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Not completly convinced...
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:51:17
In Reply to: Test modes are allowed, but, steve, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:50:27
I read the epa document. They just said there was a magic "switch"
that somehow detected that the vehicle was being tested based on
the position of the steering wheel (??) and other things. I guess if
the car is on a dyno the steering wheel doesn't move. I don't see
conclusive proof though, i.e get in the car on the dyno, wiggle the
steering wheel and clouds of smoke come out.
I guess, as an engineer, I'd just like to know more about the hack.
Kudos for the guys at West Virginia University for actually testing
emissions in the real world. 40x worse, that's pretty bad.
posted by 74.92.140...
Posts in this Thread:
- VW Emission Scandal, EGD , Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:09:52
- Re: VW Emission Scandal - link to some details, used2bcheaptech, Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:48:35
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, BobS, Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:59:10
- Kudos to the EPA and CARB, Janik , Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:56:35
- I'm not surprised, AdamB , Wed, 23 Sep 2015 07:54:50
- Engine Reliability After Recall, Tim, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 02:02:10
- Will probably be a fire sale on used Jetta TDI Wagons, Bill Homer, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:29:01
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, Nick Taliaferro , Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:36:22
- Test modes are allowed, but, steve, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:50:27
- Not completly convinced..., Cary, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:51:17 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Not completly convinced..., Mike Johnson, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:37:57
- No need to speculate anymore, ryan , Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:16:40
- Retrofit could cost $3,000 per car., Norm9-5, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:06:16
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, Craig, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:42:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!