CA Emissions Testing - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
10/5 Photo of the Year Winners
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
1) in California, all motor vehicles require a biennial emissions test.
a) test exception granted for certain zip codes within six counties
b) tests not required for: diesel MY 97 and older, electric, hybrid, motorcycle, cars from MY 1975 or older, vehicle more than 14,000 lbs GVWR, trailer
2) Three types of testing:
a) enhanced smog test - dyno and tailpipe emissions sampling
CAVEAT: eliminated for vehicles > MY 2000 with compatible OBDII computer
b) basic smog test - at idle and 2500 rpm, no dyno, no tailpipe sampling
c) change of ownership smog test - when bought or sold, or when used car brought into state
So, this year my '99 car received the enhanced test; whereas my '04 received the change of ownership test (basic) after it was trucked in from Oregon.
'04 9⁵ Aero Sedan (m/t)
'04 9⁵ Aero Wagon (a/t)
'99 9⁵ SE (LPT) - donated in '20
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- VW Emission Scandal, EGD , Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:09:52
- Re: VW Emission Scandal - link to some details, used2bcheaptech, Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:48:35
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, BobS, Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:59:10
- Kudos to the EPA and CARB, Janik , Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:56:35
- I'm not surprised, AdamB , Wed, 23 Sep 2015 07:54:50
- Engine Reliability After Recall, Tim, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 02:02:10
- Will probably be a fire sale on used Jetta TDI Wagons, Bill Homer, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:29:01
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, Nick Taliaferro , Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:36:22
- Test modes are allowed, but, steve, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:50:27
- Not completly convinced..., Cary, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:51:17
- Re: Not completly convinced..., Mike Johnson, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:37:57
- No need to speculate anymore, ryan , Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:16:40
- Retrofit could cost $3,000 per car., Norm9-5, Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:06:16
- Re: VW Emission Scandal, Craig, Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:42:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!