Re: Magazine reviewer's are having them fail during testing. NO - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
well, that's an exaggeration for certain! Sure there are at times embarrassing "UH oh" failures in cars being tested! (read some about Tesla too! ) That doesn't mean it is a large enough % sample to condemn the car! I think it's akin to quoting someone out of context! I subscribe to and read all the automotive magazines EG Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Auto Week, Road and Track, Automobile, European car, et all and auto shop trade journals (have not read the consumers report article ) and most articles, consistently praise the Alfa Romeo and it wins sports performance 4 door sedans comparisons too! the handling and steering are superlative! All vehicles esp new cars the first year, (and after) have flaws, faults, foibles,! Shall we mention BMW W / electric steering racks that failed and must be replaced W NEW at 2-3 $K each as BMW won't do rebuilds?-or offer parts, kits! no doubt due to liability issues -damn lawyers again ! (what will that do to used BMW's $$ ? -not good !) or BMW oil leaks or bad brakes, defective differentials, weird vibrations and an Audi that broke, sheared off a front suspension part, or a new Corvette motor that blew up -machining swarf left in the motor! and overheating corvettes due to bad cooling system design! Please note these are ALL defects that were mentioned in the car magazines so there's plenty to go around! Well, these items would hopefully be addressed under warranty so it doesn't matter or if it's chronic you'd sell the car back under the lemon law (if new ?) Consumer Reports does some good, but Hack journalism too! remember their attacks of the Ford bronco, Suzuki SUV, Chevy Corvair ? all good vehicles if maintained and used properly and unfairly maligned, vilified by CR ! at least they got it right when they recommended a used Saab as a good used car for a teenager! safe and a bargain!
->Posting last edited on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:38:08.
Posts in this Thread:
- Replacement for my saab, feq451, Sat, 22 Jul 2017 14:32:02
- I've had 20+ cars, and not one has really replaced my saab..., Johnson, Wed, 6 Sep 2017 15:30:35
- You can laugh but..., Cary, Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:09:13
- Finally replaced my Saab with a BMW 320i, Sam8, Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:31:34
- Re: Replacement for my saab an Alfa Romeo ! seriously !, neil dale , Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:29:371
- Re: Replacement for my saab, 2002Viggen, Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:49:30
- Re: Replacement for my saab, Pete , Tue, 25 Jul 2017 19:34:58
- Volvo S60/V60, EGD , Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:12:08
- Re: Replacement for my saab, BarryMabel , Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:57:20
- Another SAAB!, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sun, 23 Jul 2017 02:17:331
- Re: Another SAAB! yes ! buy all the used ones now if you can !, neil dale , Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:55:311
- Problem is, Feq451, Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:29:49
- I like the tech package in my 1989 c900..., Snowmobile , Wed, 26 Jul 2017 19:46:231
- Behind? behind who? didn't know it's a competition, GFW3pedals , Wed, 26 Jul 2017 06:00:111
- I don't see a problem, JerseySaab , Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:08:45
- $29,990 Regal Sportback +7 cu ft on a 9000., Norm9-5, Tue, 25 Jul 2017 17:41:33
- Didn't GM just sell Opel to Peugeot?, SRS900S, Thu, 27 Jul 2017 19:09:37
- Even cheaper than that, starts under $26K, A1-turbo, Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:26:29
- Re: $29,990 Regal Sportback +7 cu ft on a 9000., QuietTide , Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:24:27
- probably what we will do, Snowmobile , Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:21:30
- Love my A4, DE , Sat, 22 Jul 2017 15:39:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!