Re: Maybe I'm looing at this the wrong way? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
12/6 Holiday Gifts? Make Amazon.com Pay Saabnet! |
8/11 SimpliSafe Security System Review
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I find the biggest improvement for an older car (and I have plenty of those) is a full suspension refresh. it's not cheap, but it's peanuts compared to a new car. It will make the car ride like a dream.
and while you are at it, replace motor mounts and transmission mounts.
Also consider some of the few common failure-with-age things. I'd consider:
- water pump?
- all hoses, water and vacuum
- fuel pump?
- full clay bar + synthetic protectant/wax treatment
- new top?
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Choosing my next set of wheels, larry5b6, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:01:38
- keep Saab or maybe a BMW, AdamD, Mon, 12 Nov 2018 06:50:28
- Fiat 124?, dmz789qqq, Sat, 10 Nov 2018 08:00:35
- Re: Fiat 124?, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:02:30
- Oh, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:05:46
- Re: Oh x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 21 Nov 2018 08:39:35
- Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way?, larry5b6, Sat, 10 Nov 2018 03:18:161
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, larry5b6, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 17:01:06
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, JTRI , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:22:29
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, Name Left Blank, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:05:53
- Miata, Lotus Elan with front wheel drive, No Snaab, Sat, 10 Nov 2018 04:51:49
- 124, DE , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:30:25
- Oops - missed my name Scott Daggert (n/m), Scott Daggert, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:07:21
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, BarryMabel , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:23:05
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, Saabina , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 08:56:45
- C900 vert, Notnoel , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:36:57
- How about a Boxster?, Randy Thatcher , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 05:56:22
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, No Snaab, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:42:36
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!