Re: Test Drive Suggestions - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Test Drive Suggestions
Posted by No Snaab (more from No Snaab) on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 04:24:44
In Reply to: Test Drive Suggestions, steve, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:52:53
If read your post about 5 times trying to figure out what you're looking for. I think you want something you can use as a daily driver, something not expensive/complicated to maintain and yet something that is somehow fun and out of the box too. There have been some good suggestions, I think the Highlander is the best, though I'd go with a Four Runner for the everlasting, stellar resale value. Subaru Outbacks are good and do have just a bit of funkiness. But none of them have much in the way of fun/out of the box-ness. What I would suggest for that is a Jeep Wrangler. During the week it's a relatively compact, mild mannered station wagon/ute. I get about 17/18 mpg in mixed driving, which is pretty much what I've gotten with all my Saabs, Volvos, and even Subarus. I does 0-60 in 7 seconds and change--again not too different. But on the weekends it slips out of it's suit and glasses and becomes Super Jeep. It can go anywhere and do anything a vehicle can do--you can drive it up a water fall. Take the top off, take the doors off. Tow a trailer, load it up with kayaks and mountain bikes. It does it all with ease. On top of that it's the cheapest car to maintain that I've ever owned, oil changes are $42 at the dealer. Resale value is stellar, even after 20 or 30 years. And it's always fun and different to drive, even just going to the mall. They aren't for everyone, but try one out.
posted by 99.129.240...
Posts in this Thread:
- Test Drive Suggestions, steve, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:52:53
- Just for me: Mitsubishi Lancer, Scott Paterson , Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:03:47
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:55:25
- TourX owners are seeing 40 mpg @ 60 mph w/AWD., Norm9-5, Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:21:04
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions an Alfa Romeo of course !, neil dale , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:25:021
- BRZ for fun ...., GFW3pedals , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:52:281
- Kia Stinger, Mazda6?, Sarunas , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:40:32
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, No Snaab, Thu, 14 Feb 2019 04:24:44 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, BrianC, Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:45:01
- FWIW, DE , Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:09:34
- VW Alltrack, Finch, Wed, 13 Feb 2019 11:25:37
- Re: Test Drive Suggestions, bobc , Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:43:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!