Re: The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Sorry to jump into the middle of a thread like this but I wanted to just address the rumor mill. My name is Matt, I'm the owner of eEuroparts.com. My wife and I own 100% of the company. There are no third party larger companies involved. We're a small, family-owned business, that employs 31 people in Windsor CT.
Some of the confusion may revolve around the fact that the name of the company is OnlineAutoParts.com, LLC. To buy the company from Todd's estate, we established a new company, and transferred most of the assets and employees. This is a legal maneuver that protects the new company from unresolved issues that may have been in place with the old company, of which there were none, but it's good to take precautions.
Prior to purchasing the company I was a minority owner of another company. To buy eEuro we liquidator our position in that company and used that money to buy the company. So I am also the companies primary source of funding.
In the last three years we've been very busy:
- We've moved from our previous 11,000 square foot building to our current 25,000 square foot building.
- We've grown from 7 employees to 32.
- We've almost tripled our catalog.
- We've quadrupled the amount of inventory we have in stock. I'm hoping to be able to double that again in the next year.
- We've significant revamped our technology.
At the same time we've done our best to stay true to where we started:
a) We want our site to accurately reflect the stock status and the lead-time of the products we sell. As someone who looks at other sites frequently I appreciate that it is often it's very hard to determine the actual status of an item. When an item shows "In Stock" on our web site that means we have it in Windsor, CT. If it shows as "Available" it's either an item that is on it's way in or we've decided not to stock so you can order it. If you order it we should have it in the lead time that we designate at checkout. At some point in the future if we do drop-ship, the item will be designated as "drop-ship" with a lead time. Given that information you will be able to make whatever decision you want to make on the item. We won't try and hide it from you. I do currently have plan to start drop shipping in a few new lines but none of our core business lines.
b) We want our site to have photos we've taken. In the last year, you may have noticed, but we've re-photoed every item we can get our hands on. We want you to know that we've handled the item and that what you're about to order is what you're going to get.
c) We've made returns easier. In the past, this companies policy, had been to charge a 15% restocking fee on returns. That no longer exists. You can buy and return whatever you'd like. If you need to return something, and it's our fault, we always pay for shipping. If you want to return something because you don't want it anymore or you can't use it then we ask you to pay. You have at least 90 days from the date you receive an item to return anything and most times longer on defects or warranties.
d) We catalog all of our own products. That means if it's fit to the wrong car we messed it up but we can also fix it. Hopefully we're correct most of the time but with as many people as we have working on the catalog there will be errors occasionally. We fixed issues constantly. Most of the time we're able to resolve it before it's ordered. Sometimes it's not but we also look at every RMA to ensure it only happens once.
In the last three years we've grown over 500%. That's thanks to all of you. Nobody appreciates you more than I do. We're going to keep improving to better serve you.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Eeuroparts is terrible and should hang it up, Lousy customer service, Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:46:57
- Funny that you never posted here before....., andym, Thu, 4 Dec 2014 17:14:31
- Hey, SaabNation Eeuro has a 10-15% discount going on, bill h., Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:02:06
- I'm a happy customer, Erik919kt, Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:24:11
- Re: Eeuroparts is terrible and should hang it up, Tom G , Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:07:13
- Re: Eeuroparts is terrible and should hang it up, EGD , Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:28:34
- Re: Eeuroparts is terrible and should hang it up, SWEDECAR , Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:26:10
- This explains what I saw from suppliers recently, MI-Roger , Thu, 27 Nov 2014 04:54:05
- Re: Eeuroparts is terrible and should hang it up, Bad customer service, Thu, 27 Nov 2014 03:15:34
- The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago, MI-Roger , Thu, 27 Nov 2014 04:59:37
- Re: The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago, eEuroparts , Wed, 3 Dec 2014 06:20:26 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago, scotsglen , Sun, 30 Nov 2014 18:17:38
- Re: The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago, Bruce M, Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:42:46
- Re: The visionary owner & founder died young ~5 years ago, bill h., Thu, 27 Nov 2014 06:39:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!