9 lbs? Been there, done that, have the shoulder damage - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
If all you are going to do is lug it around campus that may not be bad, but it will get old fast, especially when you add books and stuff to your bag or back pack.
You're a Windows guy, so I won't tell you to get a Mac, but I went from my old 14" Powerbook that weighed 9 or 10 pounds to a 15", 6 pound PowerBook and it is night and day. Amazing what a difference 4 pounds makes!
FWIW, a friend has a 17" HP that weighs at least 10 pounds and he loves the big screen but has quickly (in 2 months) come to hate the weight, but he's spent a lot of time on planes lately.
If you have the budget, you might look for a smaller laptop and then get a separate larger screen to use in your dorm or apartment. I know a lot of business people who do this and it seems like a decent solution, altho it does cost more.
posted by 64.134.99...
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Laptops...., turrbo , Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:50:46
- Re: OT: Laptops...., lincoln.burrows, Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:26:51
- Re: OT: Laptops...., lincoln.burrows, Wed, 14 Jan 2009 02:24:40
- Thanks sooo much everyone!!!...., turrbo , Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:28:55
- Go light!, Tim B., Sat, 5 Jun 2004 05:44:42
- I review them, phil, Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:29:42
- Re: OT: Laptops...., C H Tay, Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:56:17
- my $0.02, a day late..., saabgirlie , Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:09:36
- Re: OT: Laptops...., kaslop, Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:38:12
- OK how 'bout this: Pentium or Centrino..., turrbo , Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:37:49
- Vendor support and weight are key (long), KenB, Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:46:53
- Ditto the advice about checking with the school,, RonD , Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:58:23
- Per Ms. Jessica, Stephen Goldberger, Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:24:44
- 9 lbs? Been there, done that, have the shoulder damage, Noel , Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:23:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- I agree with Trev below...., Roger, Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:39:14
- Currently have 17" Gateway..., KB900psi, Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:06:19
- IBM makes the best lap-tops these days. n/m, J, Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:55:50
- Re: OT: Laptops...., Randy Thatcher , Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:09:34
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!