P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Early this year experienced P0116, and I replaced the coolant temp sensor and the thermostat (it was still original), problem fixed. Then, a few weeks ago, CEL back on, again P0116. The first time that it came on, the gauge did drop down, but then seemed to work, even if it wasn't indicating the full-warmed condition. However, whenever resetting the CEL, it was back on as soon as the car restared.
Replaced the sensor this past weekend, and no change.
Any ideas? No obvious wire or connection damage.
2007 9-5 Aero SC [60th]
2005 9-5 Aero (son's)
2005 9-5 Arc (daughter's)
2002 9-5 Aero SW (1st SAAB, taken out by Bambi)
1999 9-5 SE6 SW (brief interim between '02 &amp;amp;amp; '07)
1999 9-5 SE (taken out by daughter on icy rd)
ex-2004 9-3 Aero SS (ex-wife's)
Posts in this Thread:
- P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, AeroEd , Mon, 28 Dec 2020 10:12:11 <-- Viewing This Message
- Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Dec 2020 05:37:55
- Re: Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, Boris Bubbanov, Sat, 2 Jan 2021 18:13:53
- Re: Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, Ro from Woodbridge, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:53:17
- or not?, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Dec 2020 10:20:50
- Re: or not?, Craig Harroff, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:26:32
- Re: or not?, Ro from Woodbridge, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:04:13
- Re: P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, Bernie , Mon, 28 Dec 2020 13:00:29
- Re: P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, Ro from Woodbridge, Mon, 28 Dec 2020 12:23:11
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!