Re: or not? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: or not?
Posted by ngphill [Email] (more from ngphill) on Sat, 2 Jan 2021 09:07:15
In Reply to: Re: or not?, AeroEd [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:55:32
From what I have determined, the last thermostat that went in my 9-5 around 60k-ish miles was an 82C stat, and I have never had the P0116 come on as I would have thought it would. The needle is always south of 1/2 on the gauge.
OpenSID indicates that my usual coolant temperature is between 78-82C, which obviously is low for a 9-5, but I can only think as long as it's not causing any codes it probably would help the life of all the hoses and plastics. Gas mileage is still out of this world, I get 35-36 easily on the highway.
And be very careful with the Volvo. Make sure you do a thorough test drive at highway speeds and don't pick up on any unusual vibration coming through the steering, it is a big issue and they don't seem to be able to fix it. I ordered a brand new 2020 S60 this past year and they ended up buying it back as they couldn't resolve the vibration issue...
1986 900T Convertible 229k
2005 9-5 Aero 101k 5MT
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 4MATIC 15k
posted by 75.118.208...
Posts in this Thread:
- P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, AeroEd , Mon, 28 Dec 2020 10:12:11
- Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Dec 2020 05:37:55
- Re: Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, Boris Bubbanov, Sat, 2 Jan 2021 18:13:53
- Re: Cntrl-Alt-Delete fixed? it, Ro from Woodbridge, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:53:17
- or not?, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Dec 2020 10:20:50
- Re: or not?, Craig Harroff, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:26:32
- Re: or not?, Ro from Woodbridge, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:04:13
- Re: or not?, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:55:32
- Re: or not?, ngphill, Sat, 2 Jan 2021 09:07:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: or not?, Ro from Woodbridge, Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:24:361
- Re: P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, Bernie , Mon, 28 Dec 2020 13:00:29
- Re: P0116 and NOT the Temp Sensor, Ro from Woodbridge, Mon, 28 Dec 2020 12:23:11
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!