Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,.... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/26 Vintage Saab Club of North America Magazine Feature
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I clean it off. It is somewhat dangerous depending on the type of snow, the worst being a layer of ice over powder - that stuff comes off in sheets once you hit the highway and can be pretty nasty... and it's not just if you are following closely - it is not uncommon for it to end up flying into the adjacent or oncoming lanes... I don't want to cause a collision. I understand though that it is harder to clean off of some vehicles than ours. I also try to park in the garage as much as possible. Saves a ton of time in the mornings!
There was a famous executive here who was noted for not bothering to brush off his 911 vert before leaving the parking lot - acceleration was the brush! never mind that it is pretty much completely ridiculous to be driving a 911 vert in winter...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., GFW3pedals , Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:39:46
- just saw a cop pull a guy over..., Snowmobile , Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:37:48
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., PGAero , Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:14:55
- Ahhh...... the seasons......, Mike Lynch , Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:15:12
- Re: Ahhh...... the seasons......, dtechakacheaptech, Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:40:04
- Re: Ahhh...... the seasons......, Wayner , Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:21:58
- Tahoe..., PGAero , Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:08:49
- Winter surf..., Snowmobile , Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:03:14
- I'm looking for a good "truck brush"...., MI-Roger , Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:57:44
- Car Cover, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:56:27
- Re: Cars are 10' long? N/m, BobS, Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:30:56
- Re: Cars are 10' long? N/m, BobS, Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:30:55
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., EGD , Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:42:27
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., Dennis_MA, Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:30:58
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., Erik919kt, Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:37:43
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., Steve T, Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:23:56
- Re: The official clean the snow off your car thread ,...., Snowmobile , Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:23:18 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!