Tesla production - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Tesla announced yesterday they'd fallen 1200 deliveries short of the goal of 16000 deliveries in the first quarter of 2016. Supply chain couldn't meet demand for a dozen parts for the model X. Tesla is ramping production, so 16K deliveries the first quarter means maybe 80K deliveries the whole year? Long way from meeting 300K demand (and probably still climbing).
We're in the Bay Area, and Model Ss are everywhere. Still haven't seen a Model X. My wife is really interested in a Model 3 and we'll probably put down a deposit. 200 mile range would work fine for any of the daily driving we do, but we'd need a replacement for the SC for longer trips (although a friend just took his Model S [P70D] to Ohio and back - took him five days each way with stops at Supercharger stations).
And Tesla hasn't made any money at this business yet.
posted by 129.210.19...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, MI-Roger , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:05:22
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3, AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 5 Apr 2016 07:52:14
- It's a world wide number, not just only US...., TKC, Tue, 5 Apr 2016 07:02:27
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 18:18:40
- A+, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 22:34:14
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Snowmobile , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 17:59:56
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, A1-turbo, Mon, 4 Apr 2016 17:44:45
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Scott Paterson , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:48:55
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, NCCaniac , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:46:49
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!