Re: California and Solar Panels - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I understand, but I'm confused wrt how that is a benefit. Is there a disadvantage to selling back to the grid during the day? Wouldn't that be desirable in a region that relies heavily on AC?
I guess what I'm saying is if you can always sell an "unlimited" amount of surplus electricity back to the grid, and buy it back later, why would you want to store it locally at all? The grid effectively stores it for you. Especially if one benefits from time of use rates? Or is this not the case in California?
Obviously batteries are an essential component of an off the grid system. I'm wondering what I'm missing?
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, MI-Roger , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:05:22
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3, AdamSAAB2kAero , Tue, 5 Apr 2016 07:52:14
- It's a world wide number, not just only US...., TKC, Tue, 5 Apr 2016 07:02:27
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 18:18:40
- A+, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 22:34:14
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Snowmobile , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 17:59:56
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, A1-turbo, Mon, 4 Apr 2016 17:44:45
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, Scott Paterson , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:48:55
- Re: OT: Tesla Model 3 Pre-sales, NCCaniac , Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:46:49
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!