Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
This sounds very likely to be the culprit. Possibly it was clogged prior to the replacement and has just gotten worse to the point of nonfunctionality!
I am sure the issue isn't the water heater - the heater itself is the supersized version, the highest possible flow in a non-commercial heater. In fact, this particular heater is their "crossover" heater, sold into residential and commercial applications. We can have every faucet in the house making hot water simultaneously without a flow problem! The issue is clearly not enough water coming out of the upstairs shower on "hot" to keep the heater on... if you turn the shower to a normal temperature and go outside, you can count down the seconds until the heater turns off. It's a water flow at the shower.
Knowing nothing about plumbing, those valves look like a PITA to install. Sound about right? :D
posted by 69.62.18...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:39:46
- Possibly a solution..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:19
- **** just got real..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:56:50
- Did some searching..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:19:11
- Re: **** just got real..., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:13:06
- diy video., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:24:29
- Re: **** just got real..., Larry West , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:15:18
- It's one of *those*, RS , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:04:03
- Two, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:58:50
- One, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:39
- Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle..., MikeinVT , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:54:14
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Craig, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:43
- It gets better., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:16:22
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:00:58
- Try a different shower head?, B Millar , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:18:35
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, andym, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:45:33
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:43:16
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dmz789qqq, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:38:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!