Did some searching... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
And the only reference I could find to the particular hardware I have is from a guy with a 1966 Airstream and the same problem. ;) I'm going to call Delta this afternoon and see if they can be of any help on replacement parts. I don't want to take things apart until I am prepared to put it back together.
Snowmobile, to answer your question - I don't really have a sense of what happens to the shower water when someone flushes the toilet. It's just the two of us, and we're largely on different schedules so it's infrequent someone is in the shower and someone in using a toilet. In all seriousness, it may have never happened! I'll see about giving it a try tonight - although maybe it's too late to really do that, since there isn't much hot water coming out of the shower now. ;)
If it turns out the whole valve must be replaced - either because parts are NLA or because it's fused all together - it's going to be a tough decision. Either cutting a bigger hole in the shower, or going in from behind. Both are options, neither pleasant. I don't want to cut up tile, but OTOH my girl used to do high-end painting professionally, so there is a lot of time consuming paint work going on in that bathroom. A patch/repair of drywall would be unpleasant for her.
I'll see what Delta says, then either buy some replacement parts or call the plumber. If it's *anything* invasive, I'm not tackling it. I've got too much on my plate right now. :(
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:39:46
- Possibly a solution..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:19
- **** just got real..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:56:50
- Did some searching..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:19:11 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: **** just got real..., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:13:06
- diy video., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:24:29
- Re: **** just got real..., Larry West , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:15:18
- It's one of *those*, RS , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:04:03
- Two, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:58:50
- One, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:39
- Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle..., MikeinVT , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:54:14
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Craig, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:43
- It gets better., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:16:22
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:00:58
- Try a different shower head?, B Millar , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:18:35
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, andym, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:45:33
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:43:16
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dmz789qqq, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:38:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!