Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
First thing I would think is like dmz789qqq suggests - clog or problem with the pressure balancing. Some of these valves significantly limit the volume of water that pass through at the best of times... However... if I read your post above correctly, the shower may be the same as installed in 1963? That would almost certainly mean the valve is *not* a pressure balancing valve, and if the shower head is original, it is pretty likely not at all low flow either...
However, stuff does change over time, and it may be old but not original. First thing I would do is pull the shower head off and see how much pressure you've got at the head (or even just measure flow in gallons/minute with a bucket and stopwatch). Try it at both hot and cold. That will get you started. If it heats up fine, maybe you just need a new higher flow showerhead (if you can find one!) or CLR the one you've got...
It is possible you will have an issue with the valve, and it may be as "simple" as pulling the cartridge to clean +/or replace (sometimes they are simple to pull, sometimes they are awful, depends on the brand and design)... Worse than that would be to have to install a new valve, which is not so bad if you already have an access panel and can solder in tight spaces. If not, yeah, it will become a bit of a mess and a PITA.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:39:46
- Possibly a solution..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:19
- **** just got real..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:56:50
- Did some searching..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:19:11
- Re: **** just got real..., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:13:06
- diy video., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:24:29
- Re: **** just got real..., Larry West , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:15:18
- It's one of *those*, RS , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:04:03
- Two, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:58:50
- One, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:39
- Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle..., MikeinVT , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:54:14
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Craig, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:43
- It gets better., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:16:22
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:00:58
- Try a different shower head?, B Millar , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:18:35
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, andym, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:45:33
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:43:16
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dmz789qqq, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:38:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!