Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I just replaced the cartridge in my rarely used downstairs tub, as I was getting no hot water. It worked fine in every other part of the house.
Mine is a Moen, and the cartridge that does the mixing has a bunch of rubber parts that disintegrated. They clogged the hot water inlet completely. It was easy to find the repair parts at Home depot(local guys had them too, but for $25 more!).
This is a pretty easy job to DIY, there are plenty of videos on YouTube that can walk you through it. My one tip is GET THE REMOVAL TOOL, would have been a nightmare without it. I didn't know what kind of cartridge I need till I removed the old one, so the water was off for a few hours that day. Other than that it was pretty easy.
'90 Red 900T vert
'73 Orange 96
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:39:46
- Possibly a solution..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:19
- **** just got real..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:56:50
- Did some searching..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:19:11
- Re: **** just got real..., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:13:06
- diy video., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:24:29
- Re: **** just got real..., Larry West , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:15:18
- It's one of *those*, RS , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:04:03
- Two, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:58:50
- One, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:39
- Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle..., MikeinVT , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:54:14 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Craig, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:43
- It gets better., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:16:22
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:00:58
- Try a different shower head?, B Millar , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:18:35
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, andym, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:45:33
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:43:16
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dmz789qqq, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:38:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!