This post actually belongs in the OG9-3 forum as the 2003 vert was the last year of the old generation 9-3 (the new generation 9-3 sport sedan was introduced in 2003 but the new vert wasn't introduced until the 2004 MY). I have a 2000 vert which is essentially the same as your car.
1. The top fabric is treated with a water repellant at the factory so I just wash it with Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Wash like the rest of the car.
2. Not sure about this one since I haven't had any issues with my top. Check with a Saab dealer or good Saab indy mechanic.
3. 5W-30 full synthetic. IMHP brand doesn't matter but I typically use Pennzoil Platinum, Castrol Syntec, or Mobil-1.
4. Yes, check out Genuinesaab.com (Taliaferro import).
5. Not sure about 2003 but it was optional in 2000.
6. I think it is as the 16" wheels with 50 series rubber look 'lost' in the wheel wells. I upgraded to 17" and the car looks much better.
7. Yes, it's very common. there a number of companies that reapir the displays. Do a search on these boards.
8. Not sure what you mean but these cars are light on cup holders and other storage cubby holes. I suggest not using the cup holder that springs out of the center console... just an accident waiting to happen.
posted by 76.24.60...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), Kip, Wed, 20 May 2009 21:34:12
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), xhawksaab , Thu, 21 May 2009 08:54:15
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), simul8guy, Fri, 22 May 2009 07:29:16
- Bigger filter, no mods, Eiron, Fri, 22 May 2009 12:20:41
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), xhawksaab , Fri, 22 May 2009 09:26:27
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), ryan, Fri, 22 May 2009 08:12:56
- Old owner responses - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), Brooks G, Thu, 21 May 2009 07:44:35
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), moeman, Wed, 20 May 2009 23:38:09
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), simul8guy, Wed, 20 May 2009 21:34:13
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!