Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
and more importantly your money.
I've run a few and the conclusion is this. No 30W i've run will hold anywhere near 40psi at 2000 rpm in summer or mild winter conditions. Don't even bother wasting the money on it. Idle barely held above 10 psi once warm.
For the summer I run a 15w-50 and will see 20psi at idle warm (lowest I've seen was 15psi and that was in near 100F outside temp driving downtown stop an go) and as close to 40psi at 2k rpms as possible depending on how high above 60.
For the winter I run a 10w-40 or 0w-40 and its spot on perfect like the 15w-50 is for summer.
All of my pressure figures come right from the back of the block where the factory oil pressure sensor is.
10w-30 is just an accident waiting to happen.
posted by 98.220.167...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), Kip, Wed, 20 May 2009 21:34:12
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), xhawksaab , Thu, 21 May 2009 08:54:15
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), simul8guy, Fri, 22 May 2009 07:29:16
- Bigger filter, no mods, Eiron, Fri, 22 May 2009 12:20:41
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), xhawksaab , Fri, 22 May 2009 09:26:27
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), ryan, Fri, 22 May 2009 08:12:56
- Old owner responses - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), Brooks G, Thu, 21 May 2009 07:44:35
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), moeman, Wed, 20 May 2009 23:38:09
- Re: New owner - 2003 Saab 93 Conv (long), simul8guy, Wed, 20 May 2009 21:34:13
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!