Amazing ownership experience - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
And yet someone I know has just sold a slightly newer Tesla S85 privately for $69k. With three accidents... Tesla offered him far less.
Look, we can all tell stories of low trade in offers. A few months ago I went to CarMax and got a $13k offer for my BMW. Sold it privately a week later for $22k with minimal effort. Having recently gone through ordering of a new Tesla, I have looked at the used market very carefully. It was not worth it, these cars hold their value like there is no tomorrow.
Now that I have driven the Tesla almost 11k miles in less than 3 months, I cannot get enough of. I loath driving my other (ICE) car, despite the fact that is is a 360 hp V-8 RWD German sedan with manual transmission and every performance option available. The Tesla objectively is clearly inferior to the price-equivalent German iron but subjectively it feels 100 years ahead. It is like driving the future.
-- don't need to find gas. BEST FEATURE EVER! Driving about 150 miles per day, I used to get gas every day. It sucks.
-- drives itself. I cannot overstate how amazing the autopilot is on this thing! Especially important for my wife who has some lingering panic attacks due to surviving a major head on collision recently.
-- next generation user interface. You get used to it really fast.
-- 7 seats -- very useful for us.
-- free road trips!!!! Unlimited free supercharging for life!
-- not having to worry about finding open gas stations when we travel at night in rural areas! I always know where the next supercharger is...
-- not having to deal with oil changes, belts, etc. I just bought 10 quarts of oil for my ICE car... I am so not looking forward to changing it!
Driving and owning it is just so effortless. We save about $350/month in fuel costs.
posted by 73.188.181...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Irrational Exurbance?, MI-Roger , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:32:56
- Re: another interesting discussion n/m, Tom g , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:01:20
- Amazing ownership experience, vvk, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:19:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- I still don't understand all of the attraction, MI-Roger , Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:40:18
- Let me explain, vvk, Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:54:35
- OK, now I understand your position, MI-Roger , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 04:55:16
- Re: Let me explain, Tom g , Mon, 17 Jul 2017 19:29:11
- I know it is difficult to believe, I was in the same boat, vvk, Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:44:41
- Man, spot on., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:15:00
- Re: thanks for the info, Tom g , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 20:56:10
- Not me, vvk, Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:04:29
- Electric vehicle recharging is shockingly inexpensive, MI-Roger , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 05:07:52
- Re: I still don't understand all of the attraction, JerseySaab , Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:58:28
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Dean, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 09:29:47
- Why I buy used cars... and never first model years!, Snowmobile , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:03:51
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:53:42
- Electric car fee, Finch, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:39:11
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Bill Homer, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:38:52
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:46:57
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:44:22
- Substantial??, A1-turbo, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:54:31
- EPA mileage vs real world, vvk, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:28:23
- Skewed comparisons, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:54:59
- Re: volt, Tom g , Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:00:09
- Re: volt, Bill Homer, Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:10:44
- Re: Skewed comparisons, Snowmobile , Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:53:11
- Fuel cost savings changes by around $10, A1-turbo, Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:28:26
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, JerseySaab , Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:46:12
- Re: OT: Irrational Exurbance?, A1-turbo, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:05:39
- You are using outdated information, Bill Homer, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:27:36
- My premium comment was about the Audi, A1-turbo, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:21:58
- $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:07:53
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:01:28
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:06:33
- Re: $0.06/kWh ??? Where does this come from?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:13:59
- Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 22:31:44
- Re: Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 03:14:52
- Southern California's Rates Doubled Over North Central California, DnstrDan , Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:41:33
- Yes, we are getting hosed. Most of CA is too., dmz789qqq, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:16:33
- Re: Does 8 c/kWh include everything? Are you sure?, Bill Homer, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:01:09
- Re: You are using outdated information, Snowmobile , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:10:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!