Comments on feedback - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Comments on feedback
Posted by ursaw (more from ursaw) on Sun, 8 Sep 2019 19:29:24
In Reply to: Post SAAB what to drive?, ursaw, Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:24:00
The A5 sportback is a car of interest and something I will at least check as a reference. On paper the powertrain, suspension, and AWD system all seem to really hit the mark and surpass anything else I am likely to buy. Comments on the car seem to be very favorable. I suspect I would really enjoy this car. Only real downside at moment that I am aware of is the price; also I sort of want something just a step larger as well (although it certainly could work).
I also find the Alfa very appealing and that was a car of interest that I intended to look. They had me with front "double wishbone suspension" I think. However, we lost our local Alfa dealership earlier this year. Apparently the dealership group and Alfa aren't even bothering to try to service the cars they had sold locally. Next nearest dealer is over 90 miles away. Probably for the best since part of what I am looking for is a car with a little more versatility and I would hate to end up with another orphaned brand (at least in this country) or vehicle with limited service network. However, it does easily win the coolest badge emblem award. I also like the relatively upright windshield and interior layout. I see it as sort of a modern 99 when I look at it.
The Buick Regal products do seem to have versatility and price point going for them. In a world of SUVs nice to see. I sat in them (both the TourX and hatchback) sometime ago and did think the positioning of the A pillars as well as the general visibility (in the case of the the hatchback) seemed unfavorable. The Arteon in comparison, also based just on a quick sit, seems to have much better A-pillar placement and general visibility.
If buying used my upper price limit would definitely be reduced since it isn't just the absolute cost that is a consideration but how that averages out over the useful service life of the vehicle as a primary driver.
I guess I need to go out there and do some looking and driving. Hopefully in a world dominated by trucks, SUVs, and automatics there is still something out there for me. The good news is I am not pressed to do anything immediately. At the moment I intended to keep the 9-5 regardless of what I do since it is still going strong. It is mostly about ensuring I continue to have something safe, reliable, and serviceable for distance highway driving.
posted by 75.100.93...
Posts in this Thread:
- Post SAAB what to drive?, ursaw, Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:24:00
- Been driving a Jetta..., Larry West , Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:10:591
- I'll bite -- why not a Golf?, Cary, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:25:26
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, BTG88, Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:38:35
- TourX FTW!, Norm9-5, Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:36:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? no it is NOT a saab !, neil dale , Mon, 16 Sep 2019 22:15:281
- Crosstour was a Honda, A1-turbo, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:02:31
- Buick cross tour???, saabsince 93b , Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:18:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:50:43
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bobc , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:57:071
- Subaru Outback, Dale , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:40:34
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, 02 Viggen, Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:36:38
- I think I'll try to find this first..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:43:433
- Ford Focus ST or RS, Chevy SS, Unicorn, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:43:53
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, steve, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:01:30
- Honda Civic, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 05:56:18
- Honda CRV, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:36:581
- Comments on feedback, ursaw, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 19:29:24 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, DE , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 07:54:46
- Same dilemma here, MI-Roger , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 06:34:28
- Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 05:42:061
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? step up spend more get more, neil dale , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 23:03:18
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bigblue15 , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 21:43:46
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, EGD , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 20:53:59
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Ian Glenday , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:59:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!