Been driving a Jetta... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Driving 80 miles a day for work, and being unable to do a lot of work on my own, led me to the realization I needed something new and reliable.
I settled on leasing a 2019 VW Jetta SEL. This is the latest iteration (Mk VII) of the Jetta, and it's quite a car for the money.
Size-wise it's a close call between it, my 9-5s, and probably the 9-3SS. Good legroom up front, adequate in the rear. folding rear seats.
Don't let the 147 HP 1.4 liter fool you. With the 8-speed autobox, there's PLENTY of get up and go, though if you really need the power, the GLI offers the 228hp 2.0 liter, and the possibility of a 6-speed manual (also available on the stripper "S" Jetta) or 7-speed DSG.
My SEL has basically everything except leather, power driver seat, and satnav. It has the basic VW Digital Cockpit, large infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, Adaptive cruise control (Two thumbs way up for that one!), remote start (which I use far more than I ever expected to, since it also sets the climate control and seat/steering wheel heaters...), LED headlights and taillights...
MSRP keeps thq Jettas and GLIs under $32,000 all in. That's for basically everything you can throw at one, starting with the highest trim. My SEL MSRP was in the $26k range.
Best of all, 40 MPG on my commute... on regular...
2002 9-5 Aero Kombi Cosmic Blue
2000 9-5 SE sedan, Imola Red
1990 900S Rose Quartz, Auto
1999 9-5 LPT Combi
1999 9-5 LPT sedan
2002 9-5 Arc
1990 900 5-speed
1986 900 turbo Convertible
1991 9000 turbo
1980 99 GLi
1986 900 turbo
1986 900 S
1991 900 turbo
1984 900 turbo
1976 99 GL
Posts in this Thread:
- Post SAAB what to drive?, ursaw, Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:24:00
- Been driving a Jetta..., Larry West , Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:10:59 <-- Viewing This Message1
- I'll bite -- why not a Golf?, Cary, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:25:26
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, BTG88, Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:38:35
- TourX FTW!, Norm9-5, Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:36:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? no it is NOT a saab !, neil dale , Mon, 16 Sep 2019 22:15:281
- Crosstour was a Honda, A1-turbo, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:02:31
- Buick cross tour???, saabsince 93b , Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:18:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:50:43
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bobc , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:57:071
- Subaru Outback, Dale , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:40:34
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, 02 Viggen, Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:36:38
- I think I'll try to find this first..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:43:433
- Ford Focus ST or RS, Chevy SS, Unicorn, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:43:53
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, steve, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:01:30
- Honda Civic, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 05:56:18
- Honda CRV, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:36:581
- Comments on feedback, ursaw, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 19:29:24
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, DE , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 07:54:46
- Same dilemma here, MI-Roger , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 06:34:28
- Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 05:42:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? step up spend more get more, neil dale , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 23:03:18
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bigblue15 , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 21:43:46
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, EGD , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 20:53:59
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Ian Glenday , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:59:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!