Re: Post SAAB what to drive? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Site News -
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership |
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
As long as the Saab is not rotted out badly or needs a new engine or transmission, there would not be, in most cases, a logical need to replace it. Virtually everything can be fixed to make it 100% operational. The DIY cost is low and certainly a new vehicle is very expensive. Someone might need a pickup or something like that if they buy a farm, etc. Most cosmetic issues can be addressed inexpensively too. Due to its still competitive fuel efficiency and safety features, a 2002+ Saab can come close to being a balance of driving lifetime vehicle. Too be clear, we need to separate wants from needs. I can accept both reasons but most people that buy a new vehicle do so for emotional reasons and then reverse engineer the logical arguments to support it.
Posts in this Thread:
- Post SAAB what to drive?, ursaw, Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:24:00
- Been driving a Jetta..., Larry West , Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:10:591
- I'll bite -- why not a Golf?, Cary, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:25:26
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, BTG88, Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:38:35
- TourX FTW!, Norm9-5, Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:36:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? no it is NOT a saab !, neil dale , Mon, 16 Sep 2019 22:15:281
- Crosstour was a Honda, A1-turbo, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:02:31
- Buick cross tour???, saabsince 93b , Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:18:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:50:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bobc , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:57:071
- Subaru Outback, Dale , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:40:34
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, 02 Viggen, Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:36:38
- I think I'll try to find this first..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:43:433
- Ford Focus ST or RS, Chevy SS, Unicorn, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:43:53
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, steve, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:01:30
- Honda Civic, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 05:56:18
- Honda CRV, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:36:581
- Comments on feedback, ursaw, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 19:29:24
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, DE , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 07:54:46
- Same dilemma here, MI-Roger , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 06:34:28
- Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 05:42:061
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? step up spend more get more, neil dale , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 23:03:18
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bigblue15 , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 21:43:46
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, EGD , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 20:53:59
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Ian Glenday , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:59:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!